After a few years of improv theatre, animation research and coding I think it’s time to begin my dream project. Character Essences will combine theatre techniques of character creation with traditional and procedural animation. Drawing on character archetypes from Commedia dell’arte and the physical theatre methods of Jacque le Coque and Rudolf Laban, the main focus is to find movement parameters (constants and variables) that define well established characters.
Read more HERE.
E – StopMotion
 Anamaria Ciucanu, Naval Bhandari, Xiaokun Wu, Shridhar Ravikumar, Yong-Liang Yang, Darren Cosker. 2018. E-StopMotion: Digitizing Stop Motion for Enhanced Animation and Games. In MIG 18: Motion, Interaction and Games (MIG 18), November 8-10, 2018, Limassol, Cyprus. ACM, New York, USA, 11 pages. [PDF]
Robin Animator V1.0
The Robin Animator V1.0 is a Maya plugin written in python for animation prototyping. It can be used to generate basic procedural animations of little bird characters. These animations can then be exported for your games, rendered in your films or can serve as reference for more complex animations. The code and Maya file are available on GitHub. You can also read the full description here.
- Research skills in shape deformation, registration and analysis
- Research skills in movement analysis
- Analytical thinking and planning
- Problem solving
- Academic writing
- Procedural animation
- C/C++, C# (Unity), Java
- Python, Matlab
- HTML5, CSS3
- Lab tutor for Principles of Programming 1
- Lab tutor for Fundamentals of Computer Graphics
- Lab tutor for Intelligent Control and Cognitive Systems
- EngD Computer Animation at Bath University, within the Centre for Digital Entertainment, Bath (2013 – Feb 2019)
- MSc Computer Animation and Visual Effects at Bournemouth University, Bournemouth (2011 – 2012)
- BSc Computer Science at the Faculty of Computer Science Alexandru Ioan Cuza, Iasi (2008 – 2011)